Your Health | Your Whanau | Our Community
Waitaha Primary Health, (WPH) a Primary Health Organisation, (PHO) provides and supports primary care health services for patients, general practices and our communities in the Ashburton, Waimakariri, Hurunui and the Banks Peninsula Districts.
Our whānau and our communities are at the heart of everything we do. We understand that whanau need a range of medical practices and services, close to home, with professionals who understand the individual’s way of life, whether that’s in rural or urban Canterbury.
We are committed to the principles of Te Tiriti o Waitangi and place equity at the forefront of our mahi.
Mō te tūnga – About the role
We are seeking an Executive Administrator to work as part of the administration team to provide timely, accurate and effective administration support to WPH staff and CEO. This role ensures the smooth day to day running of administrative functions.
Some key responsibilities:
- Administration and oversight of data bases
- Contract execution and archiving
- HR processes including payroll, staff recruitment, staff files and orientation
- Administration tasks for the CEO
- Preparation of papers for the board and other governance groups
- Minute taking for all WPH meetings
- Managing the WPH lease vehicle fleet
Ngā pūkenga me ngā wheako – Skills and experience
- Minimum of 2-4 years’ experience in general office administration tasks including HR, contracts, payroll, minute taking and database management.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with high standards in attention to detail accuracy and meeting deadlines.
- A proven use of initiative skills and experience in planning, prioritising, and working under pressure.
- Discreet and tactful when dealing with confidential, commercially sensitive and personal work-related information.
- Display collaborative ways of working and a strong team ethic with skill in fostering and building relationships.
- Cognisant of Te Tiriti O Waitangi / The Treaty of Waitangi and its application to Primary Health Care.
- Advanced Microsoft Office Suite skills
Te Tiriti o Waitangi – Treaty of Waitangi
We are committed to honouring Te Tiriti o Waitangi and its principles by ensuring our partnership with Māori are at the forefront of all our conversations. We believe in improving, promoting, and protecting the health and well-being of the Canterbury community.
Ngā hua – Benefits of working at Waitaha Primary Health
- Supportive whānau focused environment
- Part of a committed team making change in the communities
- Inclusive workplace, supporting diversity
- Employee Kiwisaver contribution
- Access to Employee Benefits Programme – Boost
- Access to Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- Support professional development opportunities
Tono ināianei – Apply Now
Only applications submitted through Seek will be accepted. Applicants must have permanent work rights with no restrictions for New Zealand.
If you are looking to bring your administration skills and be part of a small team committed to improving the health of our communities through the work of our PHO, we would love to hear from you.
For a copy of the position description and application form, please contact: Jules Wilke, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications to be received no later than close of day on Friday 12 January 2024. All applications will be maintained in strict confidence.
Please note we may process and progress applications prior to the closing date, so please do not hesitate to make enquiries or send/submit us your application. We look forward to hearing from you.
The Future of the Health Industry
COVID19: In order to be considered for this role you will need to be fully vaccinated (including Booster) against COVID 19. Proof of vaccination will be required as part of our recruitment process.