Vacancy: Practice Support Navigator (PSN) Ashburton District
WPH is looking for a special person to assist them to support timely primary health and welfare service delivery and positive health outcomes for patients enrolled in WPH practices and in the communities in which WPH delivers health services. Sadly we will soon bid farewell to Brenna who has done such a wonderful job in the role.
This is a full-time role covering the Ashburton District and Banks Peninsula. The role is based out of the WPH office in Christchurch.
About the Role:
The role promotes, develops, and enhances the support and services provided by WPH General Practices. Responsibilities include:
• Direct support for the patients/families referred into the Navigator service, guiding and supporting them to meet their health and/or welfare needs;
• Leadership and support in such areas as achieving equity and access to health and welfare care;
• Short-term and goal/objective-focused support for patients/families;
• Supporting timely and culturally appropriate access to health care; effective communication and advocacy;
• A patient/family/whanau centered focus
• Health promotion; supporting a return to healthy lifestyles; widening patient understanding, participation, and resilience
• Acting as both a support and a conduit, between the General Practice teams and WPH;
• Utilising opportunities for increasing community engagement with health services
• strengthening of responsiveness to and improving the understanding of the importance of equity;
• strengthening of community relationships, engagement, and responsibilities;
• A conduit linking and supporting people with government agencies, e.g. WINZ
• provision of a seamless service to both the patients and the General Practices
This role supports the General Practice teams and their enrolled patients, mainly residing in the Ashburton District.
We are looking for applicants with:
• Relevant employment experience and history; experience in the health sector is an advantage
• A relevant qualification (for example, health, social science or humanities, etc) or working towards
• Ability to build strong collaborative community relationships
The applicant also needs to have a:
• Flexible and adaptable outlook and ability to cope with change
• Full clean driver’s license
Note: WPH requires employees to have a current Covid Vaccine Pass
WPH provides services and support to our general practices and our communities, with the aim to improve health and wellbeing in Canterbury.
WPH is committed to the principles of Te Tiriti o Waitangi and places equity at the forefront of everything they do.
If you would like more information about this role please contact Janetta Skiba at 021 769956.
If you would like to apply for this role please send your letter of intent accompanied by your CV to Janetta.firstname.lastname@example.org
Please feel free to share this advert with people that you think might be interested in this role