Waitaha Primary Health
Christchurch Central, Canterbury
Receptionists (Administration & Office Support)
Mō te tūnga – About the role
Waitaha Primary Health (WPH) provides and supports health services in Canterbury’s rural and urban communities.
We are looking for a new member to join our team and have an opportunity in our WPH office for an Office Receptionist/Administrator. If you enjoy working with people, are adaptable, patient and have a good eye for detail we would love to hear from you.
In this role you will be responsible for the following:
- Administrative functions including, filing, reconciliation of statements and accounts in conjunction with our external accounting agent.
- HR support including police vetting
- Ordering of supplies
- Managing the WPH vehicle fleet and emergency radios
- Coordinating events and catering
- Front of house duties including greeting clients and visitors, answering phone.
Ngā pūkenga me ngā wheako – Skills and experience
- 3-5 years minimum reception and administration experience in a similar role
- Experience working with MS Office 365
- Ability to remain calm and positive under pressure
- Work co operatively as part of a busy team
- An understanding of the health system and primary care is an advantage.
This position is for 20 hours per week.
Monday – Thursday (Hours by arrangement but generally between 9am – 4.30pm)
Mō mātou – About Us
Your Health | Your Whānau | Our Community
WPH has responsibility for the provision of primary health services to approximately 50,000 enrolled patients in Canterbury, and contracts with Te Whatu Ora and a number of other health funders.
WPH is committed to reducing health inequalities for its enrolled population and works with health care clinicians, health care providers, Iwi and local communities to improve health outcomes.
Te Tiriti o Waitangi – Treaty of Waitangi
We are committed to honouring Te Tiriti o Waitangi and its principles by ensuring our partnership with Māori are at the forefront of all our conversations. We believe in improving, promoting, and protecting the health and well-being of the Canterbury community.
Ngā hua – Benefits of working at Waitaha Primary Health
- Supportive whānau focused environment
- Part of a committed team making change in the communities
- Inclusive workplace, supporting diversity
- Employer Kiwisaver contribution
- Access to Employee Benefits Programme – Boost
- Access to Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- Support professional development opportunities
Tono ināianei – Apply Now
Only applications submitted through Seek will be accepted. Closing date for applications is Friday 1st September at 5pm.
Please contact Tracey Ruru, Executive Assistant on firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information, a copy of the position description and an application form.
Candidates must have a current NZ work permit.
All applications will be maintained in strict confidence.
The Future of the Health Industry
COVID19: In order to be considered for this role you will need to be fully vaccinated (including Booster) against COVID 19. Proof of vaccination will be required as part of our recruitment process.
Nau mai, haere mai, tauti mai!
Your application will include the following questions:
- Do you have experience in administration?
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- How many years’ experience do you have as an Office Receptionist?
- Which of the following Microsoft Office products are you experienced with?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?